Since 2010 Noble Estate’s vineyards have been LIVE certified sustainable and Salmon Safe.
LIVE has a rigorous certification process which recognizes sustainable wine growing practices in the Pacific Northwest. Noble Estate is passionate about growing grapes in a way that ensures the terroir and local ecosystems are protected for the future. This includes protecting our local watersheds.
Noble Estate’s sustainable practices include:
- Controlling vineyard weeds with mowing and cultivation.
- Using organic fertilizers to enrich the soil.
- Using cover crops to return organic matter and nutrients to the soil and eliminate erosion.
- Erecting owl houses and hawk perches to help reduce insect and rodent populations.
- Recycling solid grape waste.
- Conserving water in the vineyard.